Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Superstar!!! Or maybe the Jackson 6?

So...today I made Eggs Benedict. Which for those of you who have not tried this concoction of deliciousness are insane.

I finally learned today that I am definitely not a super-hero in the kitchen yet. I mean come the freak on! I broke my Hollandaise four freaking times! Blah! So my day was anything but normal I will have to say.

But...just to change it up a bit I feel like talking about something that happens on a daily. I mean seriously, I promised that it would be entertaining and oh yes. It shall be so.

My title really says it all...have you seen that movie? I, under normal circumstances would say that I haven't because I am literally movie handicapped. Well, I pretend like I am because I have seen a lot of movies but cannot for the life of me remember the titles because I have a mind of a goldfish. Anyhow, my group of friends at school or as I prefer to say my family at school should really change our name to the Jackson 6.

Every day we have to sing at some point while we are at school. Which to clarify it starts with either myself or Travis a.k.a. Nips. We just start singing some kind of crazy while we are cooking and it usually trickles off into a bunch of people adding in their two cents.

Although I think that we hit an all time high when we decided to make a game out of trying to get our Chef Instructors to participate in the musical that we call our life.

The way I remember it starting is Chef Becker saying to someone in the class, "Put your apron on when you are in my house!" I figure if I am paying $40k to get an education in that place that it is my house too dammit!

So I start singing...."Our house is a very, very, very fine house!" And holy bananas if Chef Becker couldn't have been right in tune with me...hahahaha! He sings "With two cats in the yard, our life used to be so hard!" OHMYGOD! Hilarious!

Keeping in mind that Chef Becker is quite a bit older than we are just was priceless! So now I have officially decided since there are six of us in our group maybe Chef Becker can be our head man? Haha. SUPERSTAR!!!!!!!!

Seriously though, if you haven't tried that with one of your professors or even your boss...you should.

My joke of the week about eggs, I told this to Chef Z and he almost died.

The answer to which came first....the chicken or the egg?

So a chicken and an egg were laying in bed after some mattress mambo.

The chicken rolls over and starts smoking a cigarette.

The egg looks at the chicken with a glare and says: "I guess we all know the answer to that question."

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment