Saturday, May 15, 2010

Old friends and new friends...

Today I reconnected with an old friend of mine. Sometimes I love to meetup with old friends to catch up and sometimes well, not so much. This time I am going to have to say not so much. It seems to me that as I grow up and change I realize that some of my friends don't grow up and change.

I can't really go into too much detail about this person because I don't want to point fingers. But seriously, this person is in and out of jail and into trouble all the time and can't say a sentence much less type one without using one of our favorite four letter words. I decided a long time ago that this person wasn't going to change and that is the whole reason why I have not been around this person in almost 4 years.

Married and divorced all in a few months. In prison for a few months. Still living at home with his mother at 30 something. It is sad.

It saddens me to act as though everything is fine and will be fine between us but the truth is I can never let that person actually be a part of my life because I for one want to be a normal person of society.

I want people to respect me because I did something good with my life and haven't lived with my parents since I was 18 and never plan on moving back into their home. Well, that is unless they want me to and not pay any bills. Now that would be awesome.

Anyhow, I am so glad that I have made the new friends that I have over the past few years. Some I kept around and some well, I left in their pathetic paths of misery.

For those of you who truly know who I am understand that I do not make friends easily. The reason behind that is I believe that you surround yourself with who you want to become one day. The majority of my friends are successful, married with families, or are on their way to something great because they are in school of sometype trying to make a difference in their lives. Take a look around at your friends...how many of them do you want to end up like?

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment