Monday, June 6, 2011

Arkansas Heat VS. Arizona Heat

Now I will tell you that based on the simple fact that I am an Arizona girl. I freaking love the sun. THE SUN...not the heat. For most people that have never been to Arizona the first stupid words that come flying out of their mouths about the heat there is "It's a dry heat." Listen home boy...so is your oven. It is still hot. So for those of my friends who live in Arizona I am sure you can appreciate where I come from with that statement.

Let me just say this....I will take Arizona heat over Arkansas heat any day....any time. I don't care if it is 126 out I still would rather be in Arizona heat. I kid you not when I was on the plane from Las Vegas to Little Rock and we started flying into Little Rock Airport you could feel the humidity coming into the pressurized cabin. I am so not making this up when I tell you that when we landed on the tarmac and the captain released the pressure in the cabin everyone simultaneously went and said...ewe.

I got off the plane and wanted to turn right back around and ask for a refund because this weather was definitely not in the brochure that I looked at online for Little Rock. I mean they show you like all the beautiful areas and not once did they mention that we live in a freaking sauna. When I say sauna I mean...the next day Jamie and I went to the gym and then when we were leaving I decided to skip the sauna because well I was going to walk into one when I left the building.

Now, I will tell you over the last few days that I have been in Little Rock I have been chit chatting with the MP's at the gate about this heat that I have moved too. Some of them say that stupid saying...dry heat blah, blah. Shut up. Then one guy... hilarious!!! The only black guy that I talked to about the heat with all seriousness looks at me and says... "I am cold."

WHAT?!? Are you serious?? I looked at him and I laughed and he in a more serious face looked at me and said... "I am from Africa. Ever heard of the phrase it is Africa hot??? Well, I know what Africa hot feels like and I am cold. Remember what I said now... Africa."

You have got to be kidding.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment