Sunday, July 3, 2011

My Independence.

I was inspired by a blog that I read recently by my friend Sam. Sam's Cube: Independence Day

He wrote a blog about how he was going to break free of being dependent upon a little nasty habit that I share with him.

Starting tomorrow, that is going to be the same situation for me as well. But mine is going to have a little bit of a twist. For those of you who know me well you know that I have struggled with my weight for a long... LONG time. I have decided that instead of making one of those lame half-ass attempted New Year's resolutions that I was going to make an Independence Day movement for myself and my greater good.

I have actually lost quite a bit of weight in the last few months that I was in Scottsdale and I am pretty sure that was mainly due to stress from a certain pest that I had in my life but it really has made me see how much weight I have actually put on in the past six years and trust me boys and girls, it was a lot. For those of you who are wondering in the last few months I was in Scottsdale I lost a total of 45 lbs. I am not exactly sure how I did it but it just kind of melted away. I even got a few remarks at Culinary School about it when my buddies hadn't seen me in a while. I think the comment that my friend Kristen said was "Why hello skinny Rachel." That made me feel awesome but amazed at the same time. Was I really that big? Heck yeah I was.




So now my goal is to get back down to where I was when I moved to Arizona a few years ago which really isn't that big of a deal... but just know that I will be blogging about it hardcore in the next few months because well, I will be coming down from a nicotine high and I will be trying to shed about 60 lbs in the mean time. Yes, 60 lbs is a lot but I think that if I have lost 45 so far I am definitely able to do the rest that I want to get off.

So I can get back to this....



Here I go in about 3 hours.... I will officially be on my way to a New and Improved version of myself.


The end.