Thursday, July 7, 2011

What Makes Them A 10?

Today I had a conversation with a sweetie pie in my kitchen. You know the guy that all the girls just drool over and love him... and in this case even all the gay guys in the restaurant love him too. He is just a sweetheart to me and I love to have conversations with him because he is just hilarious.

So the topic of conversation today was really strange because I am not sure how we got on this topic. We ended up talking about how he ranks girls... oh, I think he mentioned that he was not a "Shallow Hal" and I said what does that mean? So he delightfully fills me in on his method to ranking girls. For those of us girls that are pretty and single, constantly wondering how come all of the hot boys end up with some crazy looking girls this could totally be why. Because when I tell you this friend of mine is a looker he is. But he definitely is not my type, just a sweet pie.

So he says that he really has dated mostly girls that fall into the 5-6 point range on a scale of 1-10 as far as looks go. Really?!? I thought most would be like an 8-9 but apparently I was wrong. He says that girls can actually gain points based on different factors. For example, the first example he gave me was if she had awesome teeth. Plus one. If she was nice. Plus one. And a few more came out and then he started getting ridiculous with the reasons that a girl could totally gain points but I was listening intently because I fully intend on writing a book about this entire conversation one day and selling it to desperate females in Barnes and Noble for $10.00.

So as we continue he says things like if a girl wears square glasses, nerdy = point value. If she shops and wears clothing from a thrift store because it is out of the ordinary. Point value. If her friends are awesome. Point value.

The funniest one was that he dated this girl that he absolutely hated with all of his might but she had cool parents. So she was a 9 because he never actually hung out with her... he went over to her house to hang out with her dad. Who freaking does that? Hi, I'm gonna date you so that I can secretly date your parents. What?!? Then he said if a girl has a thick broken English accent. Automatic points because when he argues with them they just sound stupid so he can laugh at them.

At this point in the conversation I am like... I love him to death but he is really an asshole. But I love the conversation because it will make me remember the signs to look for if I ever have the chance to encounter someone like him in my dating life. Also, at some moment in time I thought to myself... I have definitely settled for someone who was not a ten in my eyes. What I mean by that is for a girl it is a different scale. We do not always base our scales on looks so for those gentlemen who are reading this please don't let it give you a complex. I am sure that your girl loves you all the same plus or minus however many points.

We already know what my "Mr. Perfect" was like... but even he had flaws... hence the reason I am in Little Rock and he is still in Arizona. Just because you find the one that might fit your mold doesn't mean that you have to pull your hair out trying to get them to subdue. We could all be like this guy that I work with and plus or minus points based on stupid idioms like if he/she can do something neat like surf or play the clarinet. (Yes, one of those he mentioned.)

If you think about it hard enough...everyone you have ever dated was a 10 in your eyes at some point or another.


The end.